Given a string that has set of words and spaces, write a program to move all spaces to front of string, by traversing the string only once.
Input : str = "geeks for geeks" Output : ste = " geeksforgeeks" Input : str = "move these spaces to beginning" Output : str = " movethesespacestobeginning" There were four space characters in input, all of them should be shifted in front.
This problem has existing solution, please refer Move spaces to front of string in single traversal link.
We will solve this problem quickly in Python using List Comprehension.
- Traverse input string and create a string without any space character using list comprehension.
- Now to know how many space characters were there in original string just take a difference of length of original string and new string.
- Now create another string and append space characters at the beginning.
- Move spaces to front of string in single traversal
- Inverting the Move to Front Transform
- Move To Front Data Transform Algorithm
- Python | Remove spaces from a string
- Python | String Split including spaces
- Execute a String of Code in Python
- String containing first letter of every word in a given string with spaces
- Remove spaces from a given string
- URLify a given string (Replace spaces is %20)
- C++ Program to remove spaces from a string
- Remove extra spaces from a string
- Removing spaces from a string using Stringstream
- How to remove all white spaces from a String in Java?
- Minimum characters to be added at front to make string palindrome
- Python | Append at front and remove from rear
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.