gmap() function of the
There are 4 basic types of Google maps – roadmap, satellite, hybrid, terrain
We need to configure the Google map using
GMapOptions() function. The
GMapOptions() function contains the parameter
map_type. Using this parameter we can determine the map type of the Google map. Assign one of the 4 values to this parameter discussed above.
In order to use these maps we have to :
- Import the required libraries and modules :
- gmap from bokeh.plotting
- GMapOptions from bokeh.models
- output_file and show from bokeh.io
- Create a file to store our model using
- Configure the Google map using
GMapOptions(). During the configuration, assign the desired value to the
- Generate a GoogleMap object using
- Display the Google map using
This displays the default road map view. In this type of map, the terrain is smoothened and the roads are highlighted. It is suited to navigate an area in a vehicle. This is the default map type.
This displays the Google Earth satellite view. It is the bird-eye view without any sort of graphics.
As the name suggests, this displays the combination of road map and satellite map. The satellite map is overlayed with graphics of roads.
This displays a physical map based on the terrain information.
- Stamen Toner ,Stamen Terrain and Mapbox Bright Maps in Python-Folium
- Make an area plot in Python using Bokeh
- Python Bokeh - Plotting a Scatter Plot on a Graph
- Python | Get a google map image of specified location using Google Static Maps API
- Python Bokeh – Plotting glyphs over a Google Map
- Plotting different types of plots using Factor plot in seaborn
- Plotting ICMR approved test centers on Google Maps using folium package
- Best Way To Start Learning Python - A Complete Roadmap
- Self Organising Maps - Kohonen Maps
- Introduction to Bokeh in Python
- Python Bokeh - Plotting Xs on a Graph
- Python Bokeh - Making a Pie Chart
- Python Bokeh - Colors Class
- How to use Color Palettes in Python-Bokeh?
- Python - Data visualization using Bokeh
- Python - Setting up the Bokeh Environment
- Python Bokeh – Plotting Ys on a Graph
- Box Plot in Python using Matplotlib
- Pie plot using Plotly in Python
- Box Plot using Plotly in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.