In this article we will see how we can select all the text of the spin box, selecting text doesn’t mean printing or getting just selecting it. When we select text using mouse selected text get highlighted and with the help of right click of mouse button we can see option of copying and other option. Below is how selected text and when right click is pressed looks like.
In order to select the text we use
Syntax : spin_box.selectAll()
Argument : It takes no argument
Action performed : Select the text of the spin box
Note : It selects all the text in the spin box except the prefix and suffix.
Implementation steps :
1. Create a spin box
2. Add suffix and prefix (optional)
3. Set range of the spin box (to increase the values)
4. Create a label to show info about the push button
4. Create a push button and add action to it
5. Inside the action select the text of spin box
Below is the implementation
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- PyQt5 QDateTimeEdit – Selecting both Date and Time text
- PyQt5 QSpinBox – Clearing the text
- PyQt5 QSpinBox – Getting whole text
- PyQt5 QSpinbox - Dragging text from it and dropping it to Custom Label
- PyQt5 QSpinbox - How to drag text from it
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Adjusting size according to the text
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Cleaning the text
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Setting font to the whole text
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Making text bold
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Making text capitalize
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Making text italic
- PyQt5 QSpinBox – Checking if text is capitalize ?
- PyQt5 QSpinBox – Checking if text is bold ?
- PyQt5 QSpinBox – Checking if text is italic ?
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Checking if text Strike Out or not
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Setting stye to text
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Making text Strike Out
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting stye of the text
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Setting weight to the text
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Getting weight to the text
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.