In this article we will see how we can make a PyQt5 application which tells the real time price of the bitcoin.
Modules required and Installation:
PyQt5 : PyQt is a Python binding of the cross-platform GUI toolkit Qt, implemented as a Python plug-in. PyQt is free software developed by the British firm Riverbank Computing.
pip install PyQt5
Requests : Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. There’s no need to manually add query strings to your URLs.
pip install requests
Beautiful Soup : Beautiful Soup is a library that makes it easy to scrape information from web pages. It sits atop an HTML or XML parser, providing Pythonic idioms for iterating, searching, and modifying the parse tree.
pip install beautifulsoup4
Steps to make application to get real time price of bitcoin –
1. Create a window and sets its dimension and title
2. Create a label to sHow the price
3. Create a push button
4. Add action to the push button
5. Inside the action with the help of requests fetch the data for price of bit coin
6. Using beautiful soup convert the data into html code and find the price and save it in variable
7. Change the text of the label, set price as text
Below is the implementation –
- Get Bit Coin price in real time using Python
- Get current Gold price using Python
- PyQt5 - GUI Application to get IP address
- Amazon product price tracker using Python
- Python | Find Hotel Prices using Hotel price comparison API
- Analyzing selling price of used cars using Python
- Flight-price checker using Python and Selenium
- Python - Cost computation using Frequency and Price dictionary
- Share Price Forecasting Using Facebook Prophet
- NseTools - Getting Average Price of Comapny Stock
- NseTools - Getting Base Price of Comapny Stock
- Build Fuel Price Tracker Using Python
- Timer Application using PyQt5
- PyQt5 - Create Paint Application
- Creating a Camera Application using Pyqt5
- Building QR Code Generator Application using PyQt5
- PyQt5 – How to get cropped square image from rectangular image ?
- PyQt5 - Get opacity level of the main window | windowOpacity() method
- PyQt5 – How to get Label coordinates ?
- PyQt5 – Get tooltip data of label | toolTip() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.