In this article we will see how we can make a PyQt5 application which tells the real time price of the bitcoin.
Modules required and Installation:
PyQt5 : PyQt is a Python binding of the cross-platform GUI toolkit Qt, implemented as a Python plug-in. PyQt is free software developed by the British firm Riverbank Computing.
pip install PyQt5
Requests : Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. There’s no need to manually add query strings to your URLs.
pip install requests
Beautiful Soup : Beautiful Soup is a library that makes it easy to scrape information from web pages. It sits atop an HTML or XML parser, providing Pythonic idioms for iterating, searching, and modifying the parse tree.
pip install beautifulsoup4
Steps to make application to get real time price of bitcoin –
1. Create a window and sets its dimension and title
2. Create a label to sHow the price
3. Create a push button
4. Add action to the push button
5. Inside the action with the help of requests fetch the data for price of bit coin
6. Using beautiful soup convert the data into html code and find the price and save it in variable
7. Change the text of the label, set price as text
Below is the implementation –
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course