In this article we will see how we can update the sprite in PYGLET module in python. Pyglet is easy to use but powerful library for developing visually rich GUI applications like games, multimedia etc. A window is a “heavyweight” object occupying operating system resources. Windows may appear as floating regions or can be set to fill an entire screen (fullscreen). A sprite is an instance of an image displayed on-screen. Multiple sprites can display the same image at different positions on the screen. Sprites can also be scaled larger or smaller, rotated at any angle and drawn at a fractional opacity. Image is loaded with the help of image module of pyglet. Updating means to changing the properties of sprite, properties can be size, position etc.
We can create a window and sprite object with the help of commands given below
# creating a window window = pyglet.window.Window(width, height, title) # creating a sprite object sprite = pyglet.sprite.Sprite(img, x, y)
In order to create window we use
updatemethod with sprite object
Syntax : sprite.update(x=None, y=None, rotation=None, scale=None, scale_x=None, scale_y=None)
Argument : It takes optional argument i.e x, y co-ordinates (int), rotation (float), scale (float), horizontal scale (float), vertical scale (float)
Return : It returns None
Below is the implementation
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- PYGLET – Sprite Position
- PYGLET – Sprite Opacity
- PYGLET – Accessing Sprite Image
- PYGLET – Sprite Height
- PYGLET – Sprite Group Property
- PYGLET – Sprite Blend Color
- PYGLET – Accessing Batch of Sprite
- PYGLET – Showing Image using Sprite
- PYGLET – Sprite Rotation
- PYGLET – Sprite X and Y Co-ordinates
- PYGLET – Sprite Width
- PYGLET – Sprite Visibility
- PYGLET – Sprite Vertical Scale
- PYGLET – Sprite Horizontal Scale
- PYGLET – Sprite Scale
- PYGLET – Manually Updating Texture of Media in Player
- Retrieving And Updating Data Contained in Shelve in Python
- Python | Updating value list in dictionary
- Django ORM - Inserting, Updating & Deleting Data
- Merging and Updating Dictionary Operators in Python 3.9
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.