Given a 2D square matrix, the task is to print the Principal and Secondary diagonals of this matrix in O(N) time complexity. For O(N2) time, please refer this article.
Input: 4 1 2 3 4 4 3 2 1 7 8 9 6 6 5 4 3 Output: Principal Diagonal: 1, 3, 9, 3 Secondary Diagonal: 4, 2, 8, 6 Input: 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Output: Principal Diagonal: 1, 1, 1 Secondary Diagonal: 1, 1, 1
- Consider the following 4 X 4 input matrix.
A00 A01 A02 A03 A10 A11 A12 A13 A20 A21 A22 A23 A30 A31 A32 A33
- The primary diagonal is formed by the elements A00, A11, A22, A33.
Condition for Principal Diagonal:
The row-column condition is row = column.
- The secondary diagonal is formed by the elements A03, A12, A21, A30.
Condition for Secondary Diagonal:
The row-column condition is row = numberOfRows - column - 1.
- In this method, we use one loop i.e. a loop to find the diagonal elements as per below formula:
principal diagonal = matrix[i][i]; secondary diagonal = matrix[i][n - i - 1]; where 0 &leq i &leq n
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Principal Diagonal: 1, 6, 3, 8, Secondary Diagonal: 4, 7, 2, 5,
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Program to print the Diagonals of a Matrix
- Create matrix whose sum of diagonals in each sub matrix is even
- Program to Interchange Diagonals of Matrix
- Sum of both diagonals of a spiral odd-order square matrix
- Efficiently compute sums of diagonals of a matrix
- Row-wise common elements in two diagonals of a square matrix
- Swap major and minor diagonals of a square matrix
- Center element of matrix equals sums of half diagonals
- Number of cells in the right and left diagonals passing through (x, y) in a matrix
- Find smallest and largest element from square matrix diagonals
- Finding the converging element of the diagonals in a square matrix
- Sum of all parts of a square Matrix divided by its diagonals
- Find the product of sum of two diagonals of a square Matrix
- Return an array of anti-diagonals of given N*N square matrix
- Find difference between sums of two diagonals
- Program to check diagonal matrix and scalar matrix
- Program to check if a matrix is Binary matrix or not
- Program to convert given Matrix to a Diagonal Matrix
- C++ program to Convert a Matrix to Sparse Matrix
- Program to print Lower triangular and Upper triangular matrix of an array
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.