Given a 2D square matrix, print the Principal and Secondary diagonals.
Input: 4 1 2 3 4 4 3 2 1 7 8 9 6 6 5 4 3 Output: Principal Diagonal: 1, 3, 9, 3 Secondary Diagonal: 4, 3, 8, 6 Input: 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Output: Principal Diagonal: 1, 1, 1 Secondary Diagonal: 1, 1, 1
For example, consider the following 4 X 4 input matrix.
A00 A01 A02 A03 A10 A11 A12 A13 A20 A21 A22 A23 A30 A31 A32 A33
The primary diagonal is formed by the elements A00, A11, A22, A33.
Condition for Principal Diagonal:
The row-column condition is row = column.
- The secondary diagonal is formed by the elements A03, A12, A21, A30.
Condition for Secondary Diagonal:
The row-column condition is row = numberOfRows - column -1.
In this method, we use two loops i.e. a loop for columns and a loop for rows and in the inner loop we check for the condition stated above.
Principal Diagonal: 1, 6, 3, 8, Secondary Diagonal: 4, 7, 2, 5,
- Program to print the Diagonals of a Matrix in O(N) time
- Program to Interchange Diagonals of Matrix
- Efficiently compute sums of diagonals of a matrix
- Sum of both diagonals of a spiral odd-order square matrix
- Swap major and minor diagonals of a square matrix
- Finding the converging element of the diagonals in a square matrix
- Row-wise common elements in two diagonals of a square matrix
- Number of cells in the right and left diagonals passing through (x, y) in a matrix
- Program to Print Matrix in Z form
- Find smallest and largest element from square matrix diagonals
- Center element of matrix equals sums of half diagonals
- Program to calculate area and perimeter of a rhombus whose diagonals are given
- Program to print elements of a Matrix row-wise skipping alternate elements
- Program to print Lower triangular and Upper triangular matrix of an array
- Program to check diagonal matrix and scalar matrix
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.