Given two integers V and E which represent the number of Vertices and Edges of a Planar Graph. The Task is to find the number of regions of that planar graph.
Planar Graph: A planar graph is one in which no edges cross each other or a graph that can be drawn on a plane without edges crossing is called planar graph.
Region: When a planar graph is drawn without edges crossing, the edges and vertices of the graph divide the plane into regions..
Input: V = 4, E = 5
Output: R = 3
Input: V = 3, E = 3
Output: R = 2
Approach: Euler found out the number of regions in a planar graph as a function of the number of vertices and number of edges in the graph i.e.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Program to find total number of edges in a Complete Graph
- Program to find Circuit Rank of an Undirected Graph
- Program to find the diameter, cycles and edges of a Wheel Graph
- Program to count Number of connected components in an undirected graph
- Find length of the largest region in Boolean Matrix
- Find the number of paths of length K in a directed graph
- Find the area of the shaded region formed by the intersection of four semicircles in a square
- Maximum number of region in which N non-parallel lines can divide a plane
- Maximum number of edges that N-vertex graph can have such that graph is Triangle free | Mantel's Theorem
- Program to find the Hidden Number
- Program to find the next prime number
- Program to find the number of men initially
- Program to find Star number
- Program to find the Nth number of the series 2, 10, 24, 44, 70.....
- Program to find the Nth Prime Number
- Program to find Nth odd Fibonacci Number
- Program to find absolute value of a given number
- Program to find the nth Kynea number
- C program to find Decagonal Number
- Program to find the Nth Harmonic Number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.