You are given a string s(only lowercase alphabets) with length n. Print the position of every character of the String it must acquire so that it will form a palindromic string.
Input : c b b a a Output : 3 1 5 2 4 To make string palindrome 'c' must be at position 3, 'b' at 1 and 5, 'a' at 2 and 4. Input : a b c Output : Not Possible Any permutation of string cannot form palindrome .
The idea is to create an array of vectors (or dynamic size array) which stores all positions of every character. After storing positions, we check if count of odd characters is more than one. If yes, we return “Not Possible”. Otherwise, we first print first half positions from the array, then one position of odd character (if it is present) and finally second half positions.
2 1 4 5 7 6 3
Time Complexity : O ( n )
- Minimum characters to be added at front to make string palindrome
- Minimum number of characters to be replaced to make a given string Palindrome
- Replace minimal number of characters to make all characters pair wise distinct
- Number of positions where a letter can be inserted such that a string becomes palindrome
- Min flips of continuous characters to make all characters same in a string
- Next word that does not contain a palindrome and has characters from first k
- Rearrange characters to form palindrome if possible
- Remove a character from a string to make it a palindrome
- Make largest palindrome by changing at most K-digits
- Minimum removal to make palindrome permutation
- Make a lexicographically smallest palindrome with minimal changes
- Number of Counterclockwise shifts to make a string palindrome
- Minimum number of deletions to make a string palindrome | Set 2
- Minimum number of deletions to make a string palindrome
- Find the player who rearranges the characters to get a palindrome string first
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.