You are given a string s(only lowercase alphabets) with length n. Print the position of every character of the String it must acquire so that it will form a palindromic string.
Input : c b b a a Output : 3 1 5 2 4 To make string palindrome 'c' must be at position 3, 'b' at 1 and 5, 'a' at 2 and 4. Input : a b c Output : Not Possible Any permutation of string cannot form palindrome .
The idea is to create an array of vectors (or dynamic size array) which stores all positions of every character. After storing positions, we check if count of odd characters is more than one. If yes, we return “Not Possible”. Otherwise, we first print first half positions from the array, then one position of odd character (if it is present) and finally second half positions.
2 1 4 5 7 6 3
Time Complexity : O ( n )
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Print all positions of a given string having count of smaller characters equal on both sides
- Number of positions where a letter can be inserted such that a string becomes palindrome
- Minimum characters to be added at front to make string palindrome
- Minimum number of characters to be replaced to make a given string Palindrome
- Make lexicographically smallest palindrome by substituting missing characters
- Number of Positions to partition the string such that atleast m characters with same frequency are present in each substring
- Find the sum of the ascii values of characters which are present at prime positions
- Min flips of continuous characters to make all characters same in a string
- Replace minimal number of characters to make all characters pair wise distinct
- Minimum characters to be replaced to make frequency of all characters same
- Sentence Palindrome (Palindrome after removing spaces, dots, .. etc)
- Count all palindrome which is square of a palindrome
- Remove a character from a string to make it a palindrome
- Make largest palindrome by changing at most K-digits
- Minimum number of deletions to make a string palindrome | Set 2
- Make a lexicographically smallest palindrome with minimal changes
- Minimum removal to make palindrome permutation
- Number of Counterclockwise shifts to make a string palindrome
- Minimum changes required to make each path in a matrix palindrome
- Minimum number of Appends needed to make a string palindrome
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : 29AjayKumar