The ftp_exec() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to execute a command on the FTP server.
ftp_exec( $ftp_connection, $command )
Parameters: This function accepts two parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- $ftp_connection: It is required parameter. It specifies the already existing FTP connection to use for execution of FTP commands or functions.
- $command: It is required parameter. It specifies the command to be executed on the FTP server whose connection has been established successfully.
Return Value: It returns True on success or False on failure.
- This function is available for PHP 4.0.3 and newer version.
- The following examples cannot be run on online IDE. So try to run in some PHP hosting server or localhost with proper ftp server name, user and password.
successfully connected to the ftp server! logged in successfully! ls-al > test.txt has been successfully executed. Connection closed Successfully!
- How to get the function name inside a function in PHP ?
- PHP 5 vs PHP 7
- PHP | Get PHP configuration information using phpinfo()
- PHP | php.ini File Configuration
- How to import config.php file in a PHP script ?
- PHP | imagecreatetruecolor() Function
- PHP | fpassthru( ) Function
- PHP | ImagickDraw getTextAlignment() Function
- PHP | Ds\Sequence last() Function
- PHP | Imagick floodFillPaintImage() Function
- Function to escape regex patterns before applied in PHP
- PHP | array_udiff_uassoc() Function
- PHP | geoip_continent_code_by_name() Function
- PHP | GmagickPixel setcolor() function
- PHP | opendir() Function
- PHP | cal_to_jd() Function
- PHP | stream_get_transports() Function
- PHP | Ds\Deque pop() Function
- PHP | SimpleXMLElement children() Function
- PHP | array_intersect_ukey() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.