We are given two strings s1 and s2. We need to find the number of occurrences of s2 in s1.
Input : $s1 = "geeksforgeeks", $s2 = "geeks" Output : 2 Explanation : s2 appears 2 times in s1 Input : $s1 = "Hello Shubham. how are you?"; $s2 = "shubham" Output : 0 Explanation : Note the first letter of s2 is different from substrings present in s1.
The problem can be solved using PHP in built function for counting the number of occurrences of a substring in a given string.The in built function used for the given problem is:
- substr_count(): The substr_count() function counts the number of times a substring occurs in a string.
Note: The substring is case-sensitive.
<?php // PHP program to count number of times // a s2 appears in s1. $s1 = "geeksforgeeks"; $s2 = "geeks"; $res = substr_count($s1, $s2); echo($res); ?>
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- PHP to check substring in a string
- PHP | imagefilledrectangle() Function
- PHP | imagefill() Function
- How to get the first element of an array in PHP?
- PHP | imagecreatetruecolor() Function
- PHP | gd_info() Function
- How to convert a string into number in PHP?
- Program to find the number of days between two dates in PHP
- PHP | date_timezone_set() Function
- PHP | timezone_transitions_get() Function