How does the PHP file handle know some basic information like file-name, file-size, type of the file and few attributes about the file which have selected to be uploaded? Let’s have a look what is playing behind the scene.
$_FILES is a two dimensional associative global array of items which are being uploaded by via HTTP POST method and holds the attributes of files such as:
|[name]||Name of file which is uploading|
|[size]||Size of the file|
|[type]||Type of the file (like .pdf, .zip, .jpeg…..etc)|
|[tmp_name]||A temporary address where the file is located before processing the upload request|
|[error]||Types of error occurred when the file is uploading|
Now see How does the array look like??
Lets go through examples, how this array works in first example .
Example 1 :
In the above script, before uploading the file
Once when we select the file and upload then the function print_r will display the information of the PHP superglobal associative array $_FILES.
Example 2 : Add the html code followed by PHP script different files. Let’s make an HTML form for uploading the file
Now, time to write a php script which is able to handle the file uploading system.
In the above script, once we submit the form, later we can access the information via a PHP superglobal associative array $_FILES. Apart form using the $_FILES array, many in-built functions are playing a major role. After we are done with uploading a file, in the script we will check the request method of the server, if it is POST then it will proceed otherwise the system will throw an error. Later on, we have accessed the $_FILES array to get the file name, file size, and type of the file. Once we got those pieces of information print information of the file using echo.
- How to select and upload multiple files with HTML and PHP, using HTTP POST?
- How to upload files asynchronously using jQuery?
- Django - Upload files with FileSystemStorage
- How to upload files using jQuery Dropzone Plugin ?
- How to change the maximum upload file size in PHP ?
- How to Upload File using formidable module in Node.js ?
- File Upload in ElectronJS
- Angular File Upload
- SASS | Use variables across multiple files
- Upload Progress Bar in PHP
- How to Upload Image into Database and Display it using PHP ?
- How to upload Laravel App to Heroku Cloud Application Platform
- Associate user to its upload (post) in Django
- Upload and Retrieve Image on MongoDB using Mongoose
- Node.js | Image Upload, Processing and Resizing using Sharp package
- How to open a PDF files in web browser using PHP?
- Deleting all files from a folder using PHP
- How to include() all PHP files from a directory ?