PCB Full Form
PCB stands for Printed Circuit Board . Printed circuit boards (PCBs) are the boards that are used as the base in most electronics both as a physical support piece. They are also used as the wiring area for the socketed and surface mounted components. They are most generally made with composite epoxy, fiberglass, or any other composite materials. Most PCBs which are used in simple electronics are simple and made up of only a single layer. Hardware like computer motherboards or graphics cards can have multiple layers, can be up to twelve.
History of PCB
In 1936, Austrian engineer named Paul Eisler invented the printed circuit which is a part of a radio set when he was working in United Kingdom. After that they were used by USA in world war 2 to make proximity fuzes. After world war 2, USA released the invention for commercial purpose. They get modified years after years and today they are used in many electronics devices.
Characteristics Of PCB
- Its hall wall technology strengthens its ability
- Its surface mounted technology make components much smaller and assemble on both side of board
- Its base is made up of hard quality
- They are made up of multiple layers and each layer has its own characteristics.
Advantages of PCB
- Tight connections and Short Circuits Avoided.
- Low Electronic Noise.
- Low Cost.
- Ease of Repair and Diagnostic.
- Increased life span.
- High circuit complexity.
Disadvantages of PCB
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.