There was 1 coding round and 3 rounds of face to face interview.
The online round consisted of 2 coding questions of 120 marks and 15 MCQ of total 30 marks.
2. Given a matrix. Empty cells are represented by ‘.’, cells which are occupied are represented by ‘B’. Given two cells ‘S’ and ‘D’, find the minimum distance required from S to D.
initialise dis[m][n] as infinite.
This is a simple BFS question.
this que is not a dp question :p as we can move in all 4 directions .You can use bfs and each time update corresponding distance in tht cell i,j if i,j is a valid move and dis[i][j]>curr dist then dis[i][j] =curr and curr++;
15 aptitude questions were from c language, OS, DBMS, OOPS. geekforgeeks is best for these aptitude questions.
35 students were shortlisted for further round.
Now there were 3 round of interviews but some students had 2.
If u have a good online coding test score it leaves a good impression on interviewers
This round lasted about 35 minutes. The interviewer asked me some basic DS questions( ques from interview bit )
Started with: Tell me something about yourself.
- Given a linked list having two pointers in each node. The first one points to the next node of the list, however, the other pointer is random and can point to any node of the list. Write a program that clones the given list in O(1) space, i.e., without any extra space.
- Let 1 represent ‘A’, 2 represents ‘B’, etc. Given a digit sequence, count the number of possible decodings of the given digit sequence.
also asked to do it without modifying the list (Hint – Use Maps)
Was asked to code on paper covering all edge test cases.
Refer – Total Decoding Messages
The only approach was discussed.
Tell me something about yourself.
- Pattern found in a string.
I gave him a naive solution. He asked to optimize it. I gave him Rabin Karp solution. He again asked to implement a good hash function to avoid the collision. He was satisfied with my answer.
- Some question related to Trie. Only approach was discussed.
- Project Discussion
- How to play 8GB game with 4GB ram? (basic Paging)
- Difference between threads and process.
- I was asked weather tabs in a browser are threads or processes.(hint- Exception for chrome)
- Median of running stream of Integers.
Refer- Find median in a stream
only approach was discussed
Tell me something about yourself.
Populate next right pointers
Refer – Connect Nodes at Same Level
The full working code was expected covering all test cases.
I made some silly mistakes but the interviewer was really helpful. with some optimization, I completed the code.
We had no hr round :p (thank god )
5 got selected after the third round.
Final Tip: When it’s your day to get selected. No one can stop u.
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 12 (4+ experience Backend Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Fresher)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 4 (For Backend Profile)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 5 (Off-Campus for SDE)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 6 (For Senior Software Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus for Software Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For SDE-II, Gurgaon)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 5 (For SDE2)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 7
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 8 (Software Engineer)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 9
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 9 (Software Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 10 (SDE-1)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 21 (On Campus)
- Oyo Rooms Interview experience | Set 22(On Campus for Software engineer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience for Software Engineer
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience (On Campus) 2018
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience (On-Campus for SDE)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.