Prerequisite – numpy.dot() in Python
numpy.vdot(vector_a, vector_b) returns the dot product of vectors a and b. If first argument is complex the complex conjugate of the first argument(this is where
vdot() differs working of
dot() method) is used for the calculation of the dot product. It can handle multi-dimensional arrays but working on it as a flattened array.
- vector_a : [array_like] if a is complex its complex conjugate is used for the calculation of the dot product.
- vector_b : [array_like] if b is complex its complex conjugate is used for the calculation of the dot product.
Return – dot Product of vectors a and b.
Code 1 :
Dot Product : (23-2j)
How Code1 works ?
vector_a = 2 + 3j
vector_b = 4 + 5j
As per method, take conjugate of vector_a i.e. 2 – 3j
now dot product = 2(4 – 5j) + 3j(4 – 5j)
= 8 – 10j + 12j + 15
= 23 – 2j
Code 2 :
Dot Product : 55 Dot Product : 55
This article is contributed by Mohit Gupta_OMG 😀. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
- Time Functions in Python | Set-2 (Date Manipulations)
- Send mail from your Gmail account using Python
- Python – The new generation Language
- Print Single and Multiple variable in Python
- Increment and Decrement Operators in Python
- str() vs repr() in Python
- Swap two variables in one line in C/C++, Python, PHP and Java
- Generate all permutation of a set in Python
- Class or Static Variables in Python
- trunc() in Python
- Division Operators in Python
- Interesting facts about strings in Python | Set 1
- When to use yield instead of return in Python?
- How to split a string in C/C++, Python and Java?
- Interesting facts about strings in Python | Set 2 (Slicing)
- Returning Multiple Values in Python
- String Template Class in Python
- Python List Comprehension and Slicing