Whenever a user searches for particular information on the internet, multiple results are returned which are explained in variety ways. It becomes difficult and time-consuming to understand information.
Let’s say for example when a user searches for “machine learning” on Google, number of results are returned. Results returned by Google related to “machine learning” have explained “machine learning” in different ways. It becomes difficult and time-consuming to understand the various definition of “machine learning”. Thus, given a busy schedule of people and an immense amount of information available on Internet, there is a need for automatic summarization of links based on user query.
Introduction to Text Summarization:
Text summarization is the process of creating a shorter version of the text with only vital information and thus, helps the user to understand the text in a shorter amount of time. The main advantage of text summarization lies in the fact that it reduces user’s time in searching the important details in the document.
There are two main approaches to summarizing text documents –
- Extractive Method: It involves selecting phrases and sentences from the original text and including it in the final summary.
Original Text : Python is a high-level, interpreted, interactive and object-oriented scripting language.Python is a great language for the beginner-level programmers.
Extractive Summary : Python is a high-level scripting language is great language for beginner-level programmers.
- Abstractive Method: The Abstractive method involves generating entirely new phrases and sentences to capture the meaning of source document.
Original Text : Python is a high-level, interpreted, interactive and object-oriented scripting language.Python is a great language for the beginner-level programmers
Abstractive Summary : Python is interpreted and interactive language and it is easy to learn.
As we compare the summaries of two methods, we find the abstractive method best for creating summaries. Summaries created by abstractive method is summary that we humans create. Although best, not much of advances have been made in the Abstractive method.
The problem of surfing can be solved by following steps:
- Allow user to enter query.(on web application or on app.)
- If the query is valid, search the query on google.
- Google will return multiple results related to query, extract all the links on the first page(because the links are highly relevant to user query)
- Scrape and clean the data from all links and store it in text file.
- Send the data to machine learning models to generate a summary(abstractive)
- Implementation of Tic-Tac-Toe for 2 person game (User vs. User)
- User-Based Collaborative Filtering
- Process-based and Thread-based Multitasking
- Difference between Memory based and Register based Addressing Modes
- HTML | DOM links Collection
- Justify the given Text based on the given width of each line
- Sentiments in Text - Word Based Encodings
- Transforming a Plain Text message to Cipher Text
- Convert Text and Text File to PDF using Python
- Range and Update Query for Chessboard Pieces
- Query to check if a range is made up of consecutive elements
- Useful CQL query in Cassandra
- CSS | user-select Property
- User defined Data Types in C++
- Difference Between Daemon Threads and User Threads In Java
- How to make the cursor to hand when a user hovers over a list item using CSS?
- Java Swing | Simple User Registration Form
- Overview of User Defined Type (UDT) in Cassandra
- How to read user or console input in PHP ?
- Design a form component which takes input from its user and displays a form
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.