Given a pile of chocolates and an integer ‘k’ i.e. the number of iterations, the task is to find the number of chocolates left after k iterations.
Note: In every iteration, we can choose a pile with a maximum number of chocolates, after that square root of chocolate remains and rest is eaten.
Input: Chocolates = 100000000, Iterations = 3 Output: 10 Input: Chocolates = 200, Iterations = 2 Output: 4
Note: Output is printed after rounding off the value as in the 2nd example, the output will be around 3.76 approx.
It is given that maximum no. of chocolates are selected so consider total pile since it will be maximum.
Next, it is given that in the each iteration only square of chocolates are left so that by considering the mathematics equation of
(((number)n)n)...n for k times = (number)nk
Since here k times the square root is performed so the (1/2)k is powered with the N.
Consider the example of 100000000 chocolates and no. of iterations is 3 then it will be as
(((100000000)1/2)1/2)1/2 = (100000000)(1/2)3 = 10
Below is the required formula to find the remaining chocolates:
round(pow(n, (1.0/pow(2, k))))
Chocolates left after 3 iterations are 10
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Minimum and maximum number of N chocolates after distribution among K students
- Number of possible permutations when absolute difference between number of elements to the right and left are given
- Puzzle | Selling Chocolates
- Number formed by flipping all bits to the left of rightmost set bit
- Find the minimum number of rectangles left after inserting one into another
- Fill array with 1's using minimum iterations of filling neighbors
- Maximize the number of indices such that element is greater than element to its left
- CSS | left Property
- CSS | margin-left Property
- CSS | padding-left Property
- CSS | border-left Property
- Left-Truncatable Prime
- CSS | border-top-left-radius Property
- CSS | border-left-width Property
- CSS | border-left-style Property
- CSS | border-left-color Property
- How to remove CSS “top” and “left” attribute with jQuery ?
- How to align flexbox columns left and right using CSS ?
- How to distinguish left and right mouse click using jQuery?
- Count all possible paths from top left to bottom right of a mXn matrix
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.