Hi my name is Anandhakumar. P. I am a 2012 pass out from college of engineering guindy. I recently underwent offcampus interview with Amazon, Chennai, India for the post of SDE. I love geeksforgeeks and i will call it as the best site to prepare for coding interviews. Here goes my interview experience. Hope this is useful to someone and someone gets benefitted by it.
Written test [1 hr 15 min duration]
Three questions were asked.
2) Reverse k nodes in a linked list.
eg 1->2->3->4->5->6->7->8->9->10->11 [k=3]
answer must be [3->2->1->6->5->4->9->8->7->11->10]
3) arr1 – 4, 5, 6, _, _, _
arr2 – 1, 2, 3
arr1 has enough free space to hold elements of arr2. Merge array 2 with arr1 in a sorted manner.
Cleared this round. I felt it easy as i was preparing for it for more than 2 months and geeksforgeeks helped me greatly.
1st face-to-face interview [1 hr 15 min ]
Short description about myself
[2 min alone. Just told my name and my most important project for which i won ipad 2]
1) An array of size n is given. The array contains digits from 0 to 9. I had to generate the maximum number using the digits in the array such that it is divisible by 2, 3 and 5
eg: 1 array = 18760, output must be: 8160
eg: 2 array = 7776, output must be: “no number can be formed”
[discussion went for more than 35 minutes. Every time i gave a solution, he was adding the constraints and finally i did it. he was ok with it.]
2) least common ancestor in a binary tree [Note : not binary search tree ] [30+ minutes]
I explained him with several methods and finally he was ok with and asked me to write the code for and i did it. he checked my code for different test cases and finally he was ok with it ..
Not even 5 minutes break i was asked to get ready for next face to face interview .
2nd face to face interview [1 hr 20 min ]
Short description about myself [2 min alone. just told mmy name and my most important project for which i won ipad 2. dont tell too much. they just wanted to know a little about u . inshort ur name and college. ]
1) zig zag traversal of a binary tree. [35+ min ].
Man i have studied this in geeksforgeeks and wrote him the code using recursion, which was working perfectly. But he told me to use reduce the complexity by using any data structures. I told him a logic using a stack and a queue. Another logic using 2 stacks . But he wanted me to use only one data structures. I tried using a single queue and he to helped me a little and finally he was ok with it .
2) A n*n matrix is given which is containing elements in which each row alone is sorted. column is not sorted. I have to convert it into a single dimensional array which will hold all the elements of the array in a sorted manner.
I told him many logics . actually he kept on adding constraints with whatever logic i told him. Finally he gave me a hint and asked to use minheap property and finally he was ok with it. I solved this question using lots of help with him. man i was in interview for continuously more than 3 hours.
I am waiting for my result for next round. I will update if i go through the next rounds. Overall it was a great experience with amazon and people in amazon are very smart minded.
Hope this is helpful to someone!
Thanks to Anandha Kumar for sharing Amazon Interview experience. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon SDE-1 Interview Experience | Amazon WOW-2020
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 180 (Telephonic Interview )
- Amazon Interview Experience (Telephonic Interview)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 249 (Telephonic Interview)
- Amazon Interview -SDE 1 Interview Experience
- Amazon Interview | Set 18
- Amazon Interview | Set 24
- Amazon Interview | Set 23
- Amazon Interview | Set 22
- Amazon Interview | Set 21
- Amazon Interview | Set 20
- Amazon Interview | Set 25
- Amazon Interview | Set 26
- Amazon Interview | Set 27
- Amazon Interview | Set 32
- Amazon Interview | Set 31
- Amazon Interview | Set 30
- Amazon Interview | Set 28
- Amazon Interview | Set 19