Given a matrix of N * M. Find the maximum path sum in matrix. The maximum path is sum of all elements from first row to last row where you are allowed to move only down or diagonally to left or right. You can start from any element in first row.
Input : mat = 10 10 2 0 20 4 1 0 0 30 2 5 0 10 4 0 2 0 1 0 2 20 0 4 Output : 74 The maximum sum path is 20-30-4-20. Input : mat = 1 2 3 9 8 7 4 5 6 Output : 17 The maximum sum path is 3-8-6.
We are given a matrix of N * M. To find max path sum first we have to find max value in first row of matrix. Store this value in res. Now for every element in matrix update element with max value which can be included in max path. If the value is greater then res then update res. In last return res which consists of max path sum value.
Time Complexity: O(N*M)
This article is contributed by nuclode. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Maximum size square sub-matrix with all 1s
- Print a given matrix in spiral form
- Search in a row wise and column wise sorted matrix
- A Boolean Matrix Question
- Min Cost Path | DP-6
- Matrix Chain Multiplication | DP-8
- Find the row with maximum number of 1s
- Print unique rows in a given boolean matrix
- Inplace (Fixed space) M x N size matrix transpose | Updated
- Maximum sum rectangle in a 2D matrix | DP-27
- Zigzag (or diagonal) traversal of Matrix
- Divide and Conquer | Set 5 (Strassen's Matrix Multiplication)
- Print all possible paths from top left to bottom right of a mXn matrix
- Count all possible paths from top left to bottom right of a mXn matrix
- Printing brackets in Matrix Chain Multiplication Problem
- Create a matrix with alternating rectangles of O and X
- Given an n x n square matrix, find sum of all sub-squares of size k x k
- Print all elements in sorted order from row and column wise sorted matrix
- Given a matrix of 'O' and 'X', find the largest subsquare surrounded by 'X'
- Given a matrix of ‘O’ and ‘X’, replace 'O' with 'X' if surrounded by 'X'