Magnetic Ink Character Recognition using Python
Magnetic Ink Character Recognition or MICR which is generally used in a bank. This is a 9 digit code to identify the location of the bank branch. MICR code is a code printed on cheques using MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition technology). This enables identification of the cheques and which in turns means faster processing. In this article, we are going to write a python script to validate the MICR code and extract information.
- bs4: Beautiful Soup(bs4) is a Python library for pulling data out of HTML and XML files. This module does not come built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install bs4
- requests: Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. This module also does not comes built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install requests
- Import module
- Merge MICR Code into URL
- Make requests instance and pass into URL
- Pass the requests into a Beautifulsoup() function
- traverse the information MICR code into soup object
Found ['MICR Code:- 800002012, STATE BANK OF INDIA, DIGHA']
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course