Given a string of lowercase, find the length of the longest substring that does not contain any palindrome as a substring.
Input : str = "daiict" Output : 3 dai, ict are longest substring that do not contain any palindrome as substring Input : str = "a" Output : 0 a is itself a palindrome
The idea is to observe that if any character forms a palindrome, it can not be included in any substring. So, in that case required substring will be picked from before or after that character which forms a palindrome.
Therefore, a simple solution is to traverse the string and for each character check whether it forms a palindrome of length 2 or 3 with its adjacent characters. If, does not then increase the length of substring otherwise re-initialize the length of the substring to zero. Using this approach find the length of the maximum substring.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Length of the longest valid substring
- Length of the longest substring with equal 1s and 0s
- Longest Even Length Substring such that Sum of First and Second Half is same
- Length of the longest substring with no consecutive same letters
- Length of the longest substring without repeating characters
- Find length of longest subsequence of one string which is substring of another string
- Length of longest palindrome list in a linked list using O(1) extra space
- Length of the largest substring which have character with frequency greater than or equal to half of the substring
- Minimum length of the sub-string whose characters can be used to form a palindrome of length K
- Palindrome Substring Queries
- Queries to check if substring[L...R] is palindrome or not
- Queries on substring palindrome formation
- Longest Palindromic Substring | Set 1
- Longest Palindromic Substring | Set 2
- Longest substring with count of 1s more than 0s
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.