Interview Experience: JP Morgan Chase & Co. (Software)
JP Morgan visited our IIT Roorkee campus for Summer Internship hiring for quant research as well as Software Developer Role. I applied for the Software Developer role.
CGPA cut-off: 7.00
Branches allowed: B.Tech CS, ECE, EE, CHEMICAL, CIVIL, PNI, MECHANICAL, EPH, POLYMER, BIOTECHNOLOGY
Online Test Round : (65 Minutes)
The online test consisted of two questions.
The first one was a simple problem based on string manipulation, word sorting using Hashmaps.
The second one was the standard SUDOKU problem ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/sudoku-backtracking-7/ ).
Those who solved both the questions got shortlisted, and those who solved only one question correctly were shortlisted based on the time they took to submit it.
I got shortlisted for further rounds.
He asked me a question on the array. I started solving it by first sorting it.
He asked – how you will sort it. I said – using STL sort function.
He said – No, don’t use that. What else you can do? I let him know what are the various sorting algorithms, we can use. I said we can write Merge Sort for O(nlogn). He said – It’s a big code. I said – we can use quicksort.
He said – write it! Firstly I explained to him the Algorithm. Then I began writing the code. He saw my writing approach and then stopped me to ask other questions.
He also asked me about – API, some basics of Software Development, etc
After 5 minutes, they called me for the next round.
This one was moreover the Business problem solving round, where they wanted me to suggest the solutions along with the technical architecture of the solutions provided.
I suggested three solutions and explained how can I implement it. The first solution was based on hashing and sorting. The second based on Machine Learning. And the third based on Statistics.
This round went really good. After 2-3 minutes, I got the call for the final round.
This was the HR round.
He was really impressed by my C.G.P.A (9.22). Then he saw my Branch (Chemical Engineering).
The first Obvious question was you have a good C.G.P.A. in this branch and you wanna do Software. Why?
I said – Chemical branch doesn’t mean I am studying Chemistry. It’s moreover a physical science. And Software is what fascinates me. That’s why I didn’t care about the branch while getting into one of the TOP 7 IIT’s. He was satisfied with my reply.
He asked me about my family background, my motivation, my achievements, my weakness, etc.
And finally, he said – Let’s say you are selected, which location you would prefer?
I said – If I get Mumbai, I would be happy since it’s my home town. Else if I got Bangalore or Hyderabad, I would love to visit new places.
That’s all. He seemed to be impressed.
I got to know after 3 hours. SELECTED !
- JP Morgan Chase and Co Interview Experience | Set 1 (For Internship)
- JP Morgan Chase & Co Interview Experience | Set 3 (Internship)
- JP Morgan Chase & Co Interview Experience | Internship
- JP Morgan Chase & Co. (JPMC) Interview Experience | Set 7 (On campus for internship)
- JP Morgan Chase Internship Experience 2019 (On Campus)
- JP Morgan Internship Experience (2020 Summer)
- Morgan Stanley Interview | (Summer Internship, 2019)
- JP Morgan Chase Interview Experience
- JP Morgan Chase and Co Interview Experience
- JP Morgan Chase & Co Interview Experience | Set 4 (On-Campus for FTE)
- JP Morgan Chase (JPMC) Interview Experience | Set 6 (For Analyst profile)
- JP Morgan Chase and Co. Interview Experience | Software Developer Intern
- JP Morgan and Chase Interview Experience | On-Campus for Software Developer Profile
- JP Morgan Chase & Co Interview Experience for Full time Analyst Role
- JP Morgan Chase & Co. (JPMC) Interview Experience 2018 | (For Data Science Profile)
- JP Morgan Chase & Co. (JPMC) Interview Experience | (Full time Software Engineer)
- Fourkites Interview Experience | Summer Internship
- Dailyhunt Summer internship interview experience (on campus)
- Expedia Interview Experience for ASDE Summer Internship
- Microsoft Interview Experience (For Summer 2019 Internship)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.