JLabel | Java Swing
JLabel is a class of java Swing . JLabel is used to display a short string or an image icon. JLabel can display text, image or both . JLabel is only a display of text or image and it cannot get focus . JLabel is inactive to input events such a mouse focus or keyboard focus. By default labels are vertically centered but the user can change the alignment of label.
Constructor of the class are :
- JLabel() : creates a blank label with no text or image in it.
- JLabel(String s) : creates a new label with the string specified.
- JLabel(Icon i) : creates a new label with a image on it.
- JLabel(String s, Icon i, int align) : creates a new label with a string, an image and a specified horizontal alignment
Commonly used methods of the class are :
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.
- getIcon() : returns the image that the label displays
- setIcon(Icon i) : sets the icon that the label will display to image i
- getText() : returns the text that the label will display
- setText(String s) : sets the text that the label will display to string s
1. Program to create a blank label and add text to it.
2. Program to create a new label using constructor – JLabel(String s)
3. Program to create a label and add image to it .
4. Program to add a image and string to a label
Note : This programs might not run in an online compiler please use an offline IDE.