The IntConsumer Interface is a part of the java.util.function package which has been introduced since Java 8, to implement functional programming in Java. It represents a function which takes in one int-valued argument but does not return any value.
The lambda expression assigned to an object of IntConsumer type is used to define its accept() which eventually applies the given operation on its only argument.It is similar to using an object of type Consumer<Integer>
The IntConsumer interface consists of the following two functions:
This method accepts one value and performs the operation on its only argument.
void accept(int value)
Parameters: This method takes in only one parameter:
- value– the input argument
Returns: This method does not return any value.
Below is the code to illustrate accept() method:
It returns a composed IntConsumer wherein the parameterized IntConsumer will be executed after the first one. If the evaluation of either operation throws an error, it is relayed to the caller of the composed operation.
Note: The operation being passed as the argument should be of type IntConsumer.
default IntConsumer andThen(IntConsumer after)
Parameters: This method accepts a parameter after which is the IntConsumer to be applied after the current one.
Return Value: This method returns a composed IntConsumer that first applies the current operation first and then the after operation.
Exception: This method throws NullPointerException if the after operation is null.
Below programs illustrate andThen() method:
Program 2: To demonstrate when NullPointerException is returned.
Exception : java.lang.NullPointerException
Program 3: To demonstrate how an Exception in the after function is returned and handled.
Exception : java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
- OptionalInt ifPresent(IntConsumer) method in Java with examples
- Java.util.function.BiPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.IntPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.DoublePredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.LongPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Function Interface in Java with Examples
- ToLongFunction Interface in Java with Examples
- LongToIntFunction Interface in Java with Examples
- Java 8 | DoubleSupplier Interface with Examples
- SortedSet Interface in Java with Examples
- List Interface in Java with Examples
- Comparator Interface in Java with Examples
- SortedMap Interface in Java with Examples
- Java 8 | LongSupplier Interface with Examples
- Java 8 | BooleanSupplier Interface with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.