Given an expression, find and mark matched and unmatched parenthesis in it. We need to replace all balanced opening parenthesis with 0, balanced closing parenthesis with 1 and all unbalanced with -1.
Input : ((a) Output : -10a1 Input : (a)) Output : 0a1-1 Input : (((abc))((d))))) Output : 000abc1100d111-1-1
The idea is based on stack. We run a loop from the start of the string upto end and for every ‘(‘, we push it into stack. If stack is empty and we encounter an closing bracket ‘)’ the we replace -1 at that index of the strig. Else we replace all opening brackets ‘(‘ with 0 and closing brackets with 1. Then pop from the stack.
- Find if an expression has duplicate parenthesis or not
- Check for balanced parenthesis without using stack
- Number of balanced parenthesis substrings
- Find maximum depth of nested parenthesis in a string
- InfyTQ 2019 : Find the position from where the parenthesis is not balanced
- Expression Evaluation
- Expression contains redundant bracket or not
- Arithmetic Expression Evalution
- Balanced expression with replacement
- Stack | Set 4 (Evaluation of Postfix Expression)
- Check for balanced parentheses in an expression
- Evaluate an array expression with numbers, + and -
- Solve the Logical Expression given by string
- Check for balanced parentheses in an expression | O(1) space
- Evaluate a boolean expression represented as string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : HARDY_123