Given an expression, find and mark matched and unmatched parenthesis in it. We need to replace all balanced opening parenthesis with 0, balanced closing parenthesis with 1 and all unbalanced with -1.
Input : ((a) Output : -10a1 Input : (a)) Output : 0a1-1 Input : (((abc))((d))))) Output : 000abc1100d111-1-1
The idea is based on stack. We run a loop from the start of the string upto end and for every ‘(‘, we push it into stack. If stack is empty and we encounter an closing bracket ‘)’ the we replace -1 at that index of the strig. Else we replace all opening brackets ‘(‘ with 0 and closing brackets with 1. Then pop from the stack.
- Find if an expression has duplicate parenthesis or not
- Check for balanced parenthesis without using stack
- Reverse substrings between each pair of parenthesis
- Number of balanced parenthesis substrings
- Find maximum depth of nested parenthesis in a string
- InfyTQ 2019 : Find the position from where the parenthesis is not balanced
- Expression Evaluation
- Expression contains redundant bracket or not
- Balanced expression with replacement
- Arithmetic Expression Evalution
- Stack | Set 4 (Evaluation of Postfix Expression)
- Evaluate an array expression with numbers, + and -
- Check if expression contains redundant bracket or not | Set 2
- Solve the Logical Expression given by string
- Parsing String of symbols to Expression
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.