Stacks are a type of container adaptors with LIFO(Last In First Out) type of work, where a new element is added at one end called the top of the stack and an element is removed from the same end only.
stack::top() top() function is used to reference the top(or the newest) element of the stack.
Parameters : No value is needed to pass as the parameter.
Return Value: Direct reference to the top element of the stack container.
Input : stackname.push(5); stackname.push(1); stackname.top(); Output : 1 Input : stackname.push(5); stackname.push(1); stackname.push(2); stackname.top(); Output : 2
Errors and Exceptions
- If the stack container is empty, it causes undefined behaviour
- It has a no exception throw guarantee if the stack is not empty
Given a stack of integers, find the sum of the all the integers.
Input : 1, 8, 3, 6, 2 Output: 20
- Check if the stack is empty, if not add the top element to a variable initialised as 0, and pop the top element.
- Repeat this step until the stack is empty.
- Print the final value of the variable.
- stack empty() and stack size() in C++ STL
- Sort a stack using a temporary stack
- Stack in C++ STL
- stack push() and pop() in C++ STL
- stack emplace() in C++ STL
- stack swap() in C++ STL
- Stack Unwinding in C++
- Sort a stack using recursion
- Delete middle element of a stack
- Sudo Placement[1.3] | Stack Design
- Check if the elements of stack are pairwise sorted
- Level order traversal in spiral form | Using one stack and one queue
- Design a stack that supports getMin() in O(1) time and O(1) extra space
- Design and Implement Special Stack Data Structure | Added Space Optimized Version
- Heap overflow and Stack overflow
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Vik_24