The <area> download attribute is used to download the target content when user clicks on the hyperlink. It is used only when the href attribute is set. The name of the downloaded file will be the value of the attribute. The browser automatically detects the correct file extension and add it to the file. If the value is deleted, then the original filename is used.
Attribute Values: It contains single value filename which is optional. It specifies the new filename for the downloaded file.
- Before click on specfic clickable area:
- After click on specfic clickable area: The file of this area will download.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by <area> download attribute are listed below:
- Google Chrome 14.0
- Firefox 20.0
- Opera 15.0
- HTML | <a> download Attribute
- HTML | download Attribute
- HTML | DOM Anchor download Property
- Pytube | Python library to download youtube videos
- Download web page using Java
- YouTube Media/Audio Download using Python | pafy
- How to download Google Images using Python
- Download file from URL using PHP
- How to download a CSV file in PHP that is triggered through a URL ?
- Express.js res.download() Function
- How to automatically start a download in PHP ?
- How to disable download option in amp-audio in Google AMP ?
- HTML | <html> xmlns Attribute
- HTML | scoped Attribute
- HTML | <th> valign Attribute
- HTML | <col> align Attribute
- HTML | poster Attribute
- HTML | Class Attribute
- HTML | style attribute
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.