Go language provides inbuilt support implementation of basic constants and run-time reflection to operate sort package. Golang has the ability for functions to run independently of each other. By the help of this function we can easily sort integer and string by importing “sort” package. These functions are defined under the sort package so, you need to import sort package in your program. The sort function can search any list of important Golang sort functions as follows:
func Search(n int, f func(int) bool) int
Return Value: This function returns the smallest index i in [0, n) at which f(i) is true, supposing that on the range [0, n), f(i) == true implies f(i+1) == true.
This function is used to only sorts a slice of Search. Below examples illustrate the use of the above method in Golang:
Found 15 at index 4 in [10 3 6 10 15 21 38 26 25 45] Found Green at index 6 in [Pink Orange Green Black Purple Blue Red] Found 211.144000 at index 2 in [612.15 114.51 211.144 396.242 485.143] found 38 at index 1 in [45 38 26 25 21 15 10 10 6 3]
Example 2: Given example illustrates searching a list sorted in ascending order in different forms.
[-20 19 24 42 59 63] Length of Slice: 6 40 found in Slice at position: 3 -10 found in Slice at position: 1 ----------------------------------- [Black Blue Green Orange Pink Purple Red] Length of Slice: 7 Black found in Slice at position: 0 Orange found in Slice at position: 3 ----------------------------------- [194.1 396.42 602.15 611.144 655.433] Length of Slice: 5 611.144 found in Slice at position: 3 194.10 found in Slice at position: 0
- How to copy one slice into another slice in Golang?
- How to Sort a Slice of Strings in Golang?
- How to sort a slice of ints in Golang?
- How to sort a slice of float64s in Golang?
- How to sort a slice stable in Golang?
- How to sort a slice in Golang?
- How to convert a slice of bytes in uppercase in Golang?
- How to convert a slice of bytes in lowercase in Golang?
- Check if the given slice is sorted in Golang
- Searching an element of float64 type in Golang slice
- How to pass a Slice to Function in Golang?
- Check if the specified element is present in the slice of bytes in Golang
- How to count specific characters present in the slice in Golang?
- Checking Slice of bytes for equality under Unicode case folding in Golang
- Check if the Slice of bytes starts with specified prefix in Golang
- Check if the Slice of bytes ends with specified suffix in Golang
- How to join the elements of the byte slice in Golang?
- How to replace a specified element in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to replace all the elements in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to repeat a slice of bytes in Golang?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.