In Go language slice is more powerful, flexible, convenient than an array, and is a lightweight data structure. The slice is a variable-length sequence which stores elements of a similar type, you are not allowed to store different type of elements in the same slice. Go language allows you to sort the elements of the slice according to its type. So, a float64 type slice is sorted by using the following functions. These functions are defined under the sort package so, you have to import sort package in your program for accessing these functions:
1. Float64s: This function is used to only sorts a slice of float64s and it sort the elements of the slice in increasing order.
func Float64s(slc float64)
Here, slc represent a slice of float64. Let us discuss this concept with the help of an example:
Slice(Before): Slice 1: [9.56 4.56 2.4 10 43 0.56 35.246] Slice 2: [38.32 -32.23 -45.56 23.45 -0.43] Slice(After): Slice 1: [0.56 2.4 4.56 9.56 10 35.246 43] Slice 2: [-45.56 -32.23 -0.43 23.45 38.32]
2. Float64sAreSorted: This function is used to check whether the given slice of float64s is in sorted form(in increasing order ) or not. This method returns true if the slice is in sorted form, or return false if the slice is not in the sorted form.
func Float64sAreSorted(scl float64) bool
Here, scl represents a slice of float64s. Let us discuss this concept with the help of an example:
Slices: Slice 1: [9.56 4.56 2.4 10 43 0.56 35.246] Slice 2: [-45.56 -32.23 -0.43 23.45 38.32] Result: Is Slice 1 is sorted?: false Is Slice 2 is sorted?: true
- How to sort a slice in Golang?
- How to sort a slice of ints in Golang?
- How to sort a slice stable in Golang?
- How to Sort a Slice of Strings in Golang?
- How to copy one slice into another slice in Golang?
- How to append a slice in Golang?
- How to pass a Slice to Function in Golang?
- How to trim a slice of bytes in Golang?
- Check if the given slice is sorted in Golang
- Golang | Splitting the slice after the specified separator
- How to split a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to repeat a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to convert a slice of bytes in uppercase in Golang?
- How to find the first index value in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to replace a specified element in slice of bytes in Golang?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.