How to Print the Next N Leap Years in Java?
Concept: The basic assertion in problem-solving for the leap year is an interval of 4 years which is wrong in itself. For any random year in the calendar to be a leap year it must hold below conditions. Now if the year is a leap year the goal is simply to print the consecutive same kinds of years in a calendar year that is all years should be leap year prior or adhering the leap year to be taken into consideration to illustrate and implement the same.
Approach: Problem-solving is simple to break into two halves. The first half is the focus to figure out a leap year or not and writing the code for the same. The second half simply emphasis to maintain a count whenever leap year is encountered and synchronized with the first half.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.
Mandatory conditions to be satisfied for a year to refer as a leap year
- The year should be multiple of 400.
- The year should be a multiple of 4 and should not a multiple of 100.
- Condition checking divisibility with 4- If the number is divisible by 4 the check will proceed further and if the number is not divisible by 4 then for sure not a leap year.
- Condition checking divisibility with 100-The year obtained here is already divisible by 4.Now further if the year satisfies the above condition then if the year is divisible by 100, the year proceeds for further conditionality check. If the number is not divisible by 100 then for sure not a leap year.
- Condition checking divisibility with 400- The year obtained here is already divisible by 4 and 100. Now further if the year is divisible by 400 then for sure a leap year else for sure not a leap year.
- As of now the year obtained here is a Leap year, the approach to print leap year is very simple
- Initializing a variable with zero to maintain lap year count
- Incrementing the count when it is for sure that the year is a leap year
- Iterating taking count into consideration for condition statement and where the condition fails out simply return all the years that satisfied the condition previously.
Input 1: year = 2020, N = 15 Output: 2024 2028 2032 2036 2040 2044 2048 2052 2056 2060 2064 2068 2072 2076 2080 Input 2: year = 2022, N = 2 Output: 2024 2028
Implementation: Below is the example to illustrate the above illustration in Java:
2024 2028 2032 2036 2040 2044 2048 2052 2056 2060 2064 2068 2072 2076 2080