How to Create a Color Picker Tool in Android using Color Wheel and Slider?
In the previous article How to Create a Basic Color Picker Tool in Android, we discussed creating a basic color picker tool. In this article, we are going to create the same color picker tool but use a color wheel and slider. This is another type of Color Picker which allows users to pick the brightness level of the color and color intensity. This is also one of the open-source libraries. So in this article its been discussed to implement the following type of color picker tool.
A sample GIF is given below to get an idea about what we are going to do in this article. Note that we are going to implement this project using the Java language.
Steps to Implement a Color Picker Tool
Step 1: Create a New Project
- To create a new project in Android Studio please refer to How to Create/Start a New Project in Android Studio.
- Note that select Java as the programming language.
Step 2: Adding the ColorPicker library dependency
- Now add the Color picker library’s dependency as (to the app-level Gradle file):
- Make sure the system should be connected to the network (so that it downloads the required files) and after invoking the dependency click on the “Sync Now” button.
- Refer to the following image if unable to locate the app-level Gradle file and invoke the dependency.
Step 3: Working with the activity_main.xml file
- Next, go to the activity_main.xml file, which represents the UI of the project.
- Below is the code for the activity_main.xml file. Comments are added inside the code to understand the code in more detail.
Before going to handle the color picker tool dialog functionality, understanding the parts of the dialog box is necessary so that it can become easier while dealing with parts of the dialog box in java code.
Step 4: Working with the MainActivity.java file
- Finally, go to the MainActivity.java file, and refer to the following code.
- Below is the code for the MainActivity.java file. Comments are added inside the code to understand the code in more detail.
Please Login to comment...