Pandas is a powerful tool which is used for data analysis and is built on top of the python library. The Pandas library enables users to create and manipulate dataframes (Tables of data) and time series effectively and efficiently. These dataframes can be used for training and testing machine learning models and Analyzing data.
Converting Index to Columns
By default, each row of the dataframe has an index value. The rows in the dataframe are assigned index values from 0 to the (number of rows – 1) in a sequentially order with each row having one index value. There are many ways to convert an index to a column in a pandas dataframe. Let’s create a dataframe.
Method 1: The simplest method is to create a new column and pass the indexes of each row into that column by using the Dataframe.index function.
Method 2: We can also use the Dataframe.reset_index function to convert the index as a column. The inplace parameter reflects the change in the dataframe to stay permanent.
- How to convert index in a column of the Pandas dataframe?
- How to Convert Dataframe column into an index in Python-Pandas?
- Get column index from column name of a given Pandas DataFrame
- How to Sort a Pandas DataFrame based on column names or row index?
- Return the Index label if some condition is satisfied over a column in Pandas Dataframe
- Convert a column to row name/index in Pandas
- Convert the column type from string to datetime format in Pandas dataframe
- Create a DataFrame from a Numpy array and specify the index column and column headers
- Get the index of minimum value in DataFrame column
- Get the index of maximum value in DataFrame column
- Pandas Dataframe.to_numpy() - Convert dataframe to Numpy array
- Delete a column from a Pandas DataFrame
- Get a list of a specified column of a Pandas DataFrame
- How to add Empty Column to Dataframe in Pandas?
- How to get column names in Pandas dataframe
- Add column names to dataframe in Pandas
- Get unique values from a column in Pandas DataFrame
- Formatting integer column of Dataframe in Pandas
- How to lowercase column names in Pandas dataframe
- Capitalize first letter of a column in Pandas dataframe
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.