How to add selected items from a collection to an ArrayList in Java?
Given a Collection with some values, the task is to add selected the items of this Collection to an ArrayList in Java.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.
Input: Collection = [1, 2, 3], condition = (item != 2)
Output: ArrayList = [1, 3]
Input: Collection = [GFG, Geek, GeeksForGeeks], condition = (item != GFG)
Output: ArrayList = [Geek, GeeksForGeeks]
- Get the Collection whose selected items are to be added into the ArrayList
- Create an ArrayList
- Add selected items of Collection into this ArrayList using Stream
- Generate the stream with all the items of the collection using stream() method
- Select the required items from the Stream using filter() method
- Collect the selected items of the stream as an ArrayList using forEachOrdered() method
- ArrayList with selected items of Collections have been created.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
ArrayList with selected elements of collection [1, 2, 3]: [1, 3]
ArrayList with selected elements of collection [GFG, Geeks, GeeksForGeeks]: [Geeks, GeeksForGeeks]