HashedIn Interview Experience (On-Campus)
Round 1: Coding Assessment
- There were three coding questions from medium to hard level.
- The first question was based on the circular array. (easy)
- The second question was based on the string. (Medium)
- The third question was based on the string. Related to the question given in the link. (link – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/length-of-the-longest-substring-with-every-character-appearing-even-number-of-times/) (Hard)
Out of 422 students, only 45 students were shortlisted for round 2
Round 2: First Technical Interview
- In this round, the First interviewer asked me to introduce myself.
- In the first 5 mins, I introduce myself to the interviewer.
- After that, he asked me about my subject of interest. I told him about the operating system, database, and machine learning.
- Then, He asked me about the Operating system concepts ( Virtual memory, paging, and segmentation, page fault, I scheduling algorithms, page replacement algorithms )
- I gave all the answers.
- After that, he asked me about the database management system concepts (Normalization, which data structure we can use to create a database from scratch?)
- First I told them we can use the data dictionary to create a database from scratch but that wasn’t the correct answer, So the interviewer told me that we can use B+ trees to create a database from scratch.
- After that, he asked me about the coding question (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/given-an-array-of-numbers-arrange-the-numbers-to-form-the-biggest-number/)
- I wasn’t able to solve that question in the given time.
- Then, he asked me another question which was based on the linked list (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/detect-loop-in-a-linked-list/)
- I was able to solve this question. After that, he was done with my interview.
Round 3: Second Technical Round
- This round was really cool and the interviewer was also very friendly. This interview was more like a discussion.
- The interviewer asked me to create a database of any OTT platform I like.
- I choose Amazon prime and created a database design of the same.
- So, I started with writing all the features and tables it should have and after that, I build different kinds of relationships between the tables, after creating tables, there were so many faults that have to be resolved so, I normalized the tables and remove the faults with some help of interviewer.
- After that, Interviewer asked me different concepts of database (Normalization, concurrent transactions, Rollbacks, ACID properties)
- After that, he asked me about different kinds of data structures used in python.
- Difference between Array and linked list.
- How the linked list is better than an array.
- After that, he was done with my interview and asked me if I have any questions. So, I asked questions like how is the work culture at Hashedin and what kind of projects Hashedin works on.
Round 4: HR Round
- She asked me about myself.
- My family background
- my hobbies
- The lowest point in my life
- Things that keep me motivated
- Technology I worked.
- famous things(places, food) about my city.
- why Hashedin?
Currently, I am waiting for my final result whether I got selected or not.