How to generate a random number in a given range in C.
Input : Lower = 50, Upper = 100, Count of random Number = 5 Output : 91 34 21 88 29 Explanation: lower is the lower limit of the range and upper is the upper limit of the range. Output contains 5 random numbers in given range.
As C does not have an inbuilt function for generating a number in the range, but it does have rand function which generate a random number from 0 to RAND_MAX. With the help of rand () a number in range can be generated as num = (rand() % (upper – lower + 1)) + lower
Note : Output generated on each run may be different because number is generated randomly.
- Generate a random permutation of elements from range [L, R] (Divide and Conquer)
- Select a random number from stream, with O(1) space
- Generating Test Cases (generate() and generate_n() in C++)
- How to check whether a number is in the range[low, high] using one comparison ?
- C Program for Number of elements with odd factors in given range
- Using range in switch case in C/C++
- What happen when we exceed valid range of built-in data types in C++?
- How to print range of basic data types without any library function and constant in C?
- C/C++ Program to Find the Number Occurring Odd Number of Times
- C/C++ Program for nth Catalan Number
- C Program for factorial of a number
- C/C++ Program for n-th Fibonacci number
- C Program for Sum the digits of a given number
- Program for Sum the digits of a given number
- What is the best way in C to convert a number to a string?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.