Given three integers A, B and R, the task is to find the sum of all the elements of the matrix generated by the given rules:
- The first row will contain a single element which is A and the rest of the elements will be 0.
- The next row will contain two elements all of which are (A + B) and the rest are 0s.
- Third row will contain (A + B + B) three times and the rest are 0s.
- The matrix will contain only R rows.
For example, if A = 5, B = 3 and R = 3 then the matrix will be:
5 0 0
8 8 0
11 11 11
Input: A = 5, B = 3, R = 3
5 + 8 + 8 + 11 + 11 + 11 = 54
Input: A = 7, B = 56, R = 1
Approach: Initialise sum = 0 and for every 1 ≤ i ≤ R update sum = sum + (i * A). After every iteration update A = A + B. Print the final sum in the end.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Find the element in the matrix generated by given rules
- Find determinant of matrix generated by array rotation
- Find sum of all elements in a matrix except the elements in row and/or column of given cell?
- Find the value at kth position in the generated array
- Find the Kth smallest element in the sorted generated array
- Find unique elements in a matrix
- Find a Square Matrix such that sum of elements in every row and column is K
- Given a Boolean Matrix, find k such that all elements in k'th row are 0 and k'th column are 1.
- Find the sum of the diagonal elements of the given N X N spiral matrix
- Find distinct elements common to all rows of a matrix
- Program to print elements of a Matrix row-wise skipping alternate elements
- Minimum difference between adjacent elements of array which contain elements from each row of a matrix
- Move matrix elements in given direction and add elements with same value
- Program to swap upper diagonal elements with lower diagonal elements of matrix.
- Complete the sequence generated by a polynomial
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.