Given a number n and a digit d, count all occurrences of d in range from 0 to n.
Input : n = 25 d = 2 Output : 9 The occurrences are 2, 12, 20, 21 22 (Two occurrences), 23, 24, 25 Input : n = 25 d = 3 Output :3 The occurrences are 3, 13, 23 Input : n = 32 d = 3 Output : 6 The occurrences are 3, 13, 23, 30, 31, 32
The first occurrence of d cannot be before number d. So we start to iterate from d and do following check again and again. We jump the number by 10 most of the time (in step 2) except for the cases mentioned in steps 2.a and 2.b.
Step 1: Check whether the last digit of the number is equal to the d, if it is then increment the count.
a) If the number is completely divisible by 10 then increment both the count and number (For example if we reach the number 30 which is completely divisible by 10 and d=3, then we have to count all numbers from 31-39 that’s why we increment count by 1 and number by 1)
b) else if the first digit of the number is one less than d then it means that we have come to the row where we have to increment the number by 10 and subtract the d from it. For example if we reach 23 for d=3 then we increment the number by 23+10-3 = 30)
c) else increment the number by 10 only. (For example: d=3, itr=3, then increment by 10 i.e.13, 23)
Step 3:- Return the count.
This article is contributed by Rakesh Kumar. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Find the highest occurring digit in prime numbers in a range
- Count of Numbers in Range where first digit is equal to last digit of the number
- Number of occurrences of 2 as a digit in numbers from 0 to n
- Find the remainder when First digit of a number is divided by its Last digit
- Count the number of occurrences of a particular digit in a number
- Count numbers with unit digit k in given range
- Count of numbers from the range [L, R] which contains at least one digit that divides K
- Biggest integer which has maximum digit sum in range from 1 to n
- Count occurrences of a prime number in the prime factorization of every element from the given range
- Count of Numbers in a Range where digit d occurs exactly K times
- Integers from the range that are composed of a single distinct digit
- Queries to count integers in a range [L, R] such that their digit sum is prime and divisible by K
- Find the Number which contain the digit d
- Find the last digit of given series
- Find nth number that contains the digit k or divisible by k.