Consider a series of numbers composed of only digits 4 and 7. First few numbers in the series are 4, 7, 44, 47, 74, 44744,.. etc. Given a number n, we need to find n-th number in the series.
Input : n = 2 Output : 7 Input : n = 3 Output : 44 Input : n = 5 Output : 74 Input : n = 6 Output : 77
The idea is based on the fact that the value of last digit alternates in series. For example, if last digit of i-th number is 4, then last digit of (i-1)-th and (i+1)-th numbers must be 7.
We create an array of size (n+1) and push 4 and 7 (These two are always first two elements of series) to it. For more elements we check
1) If i is odd,
arr[i] = arr[i/2]*10 + 4;
2) If it is even,
arr[i] = arr[(i/2)-1]*10 + 7;
At last return arr[n].
This article is contributed by Roshni Agarwal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Find n-th element in a series with only 2 digits (4 and 7) allowed | Set 2 (log(n) method)
- Find n-th element from Stern's Diatomic Series
- Find the Nth element of the modified Fibonacci series
- Find the average of k digits from the beginning and l digits from the end of the given number
- Factorial of each element in Fibonacci series
- Find smallest number with given number of digits and sum of digits
- Find the Largest number with given number of digits and sum of digits
- Program to find the last two digits of x^y
- Given a number n, find the first k digits of n^n
- Program to find last two digits of 2^n
- Find first and last digits of a number
- Find last two digits of sum of N factorials
- Find the sum of the series 2, 5, 13, 35, 97...
- Find the sum of series 3, 7, 13, 21, 31....
- Find the sum of the series x(x+y) + x^2(x^2+y^2) +x^3(x^3+y^3)+ ... + x^n(x^n+y^n)
Improved By : jit_t