Given a matrix, the task is to find the maximum element of each column.
Input: [1, 2, 3] [1, 4, 9] [76, 34, 21] Output: 76 34 21 Input: [1, 2, 3, 21] [12, 1, 65, 9] [1, 56, 34, 2] Output: 12 56 65 21
Approach: The idea is to run the loop for no_of_cols. Check each element inside the column and find for the maximum element. Finally, print the element.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
76 34 21 11
Time Complexity : O(n * m), Here n is No. of Rows and m is No. of Colum.
- Replace every matrix element with maximum of GCD of row or column
- Find column with maximum sum in a Matrix
- Find the original matrix when largest element in a row and a column are given
- Find pair with maximum difference in any column of a Matrix
- Find maximum element of each row in a matrix
- Program to find the maximum element in a Matrix
- Minimum element of each row and each column in a matrix
- Sum of matrix in which each element is absolute difference of its row and column numbers
- Sum of matrix element where each elements is integer division of row and column
- Check whether row or column swaps produce maximum size binary sub-matrix with all 1s
- Program to find the Sum of each Row and each Column of a Matrix
- Find trace of matrix formed by adding Row-major and Column-major order of same matrix
- Given a Boolean Matrix, find k such that all elements in k'th row are 0 and k'th column are 1.
- Find a Square Matrix such that sum of elements in every row and column is K
- Find if a binary matrix exists with given row and column sums
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.