The res.render() function is used to render a view and sends the rendered HTML string to the client.
res.render(view [, locals] [, callback])
Parameters: This function accept two parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- Locals: It is basically an object whose properties define local variables for the view.
- Callback It is a callback function.
Returns: It retuns an Object.
Installation of express module:
- You can visit the link to Install express module. You can install this package by using this command.
npm install express
- After installing the express module, you can check your express version in command prompt using the command.
npm version express
- After that, you can create a folder and add a file for example, index.js. To run this file you need to run the following command.
Example 1: Filename: index.js
Create a home.ejs file in views folder with the following code:
Steps to run the program:
- Make sure you have installed express and ejs module using the following command:
npm install express npm install ejs
- Run index.js file using below command:
Server listening on PORT 3000
- Now open browser and go to http://localhost:3000/user, you can see the following output on your screen:
Welcome to GeeksforGeeks
Example 2: Filename: index.js
Create a User.ejs file in views folder with the following code:
Run index.js file using below command:
After running above command, you will see the following output on your console screen:
Server listening on PORT 3000 Render Working
Now open browser and go to http://localhost:3000, you can see the following output on your screen:
Render Function Demo