The app.set() function is used to assigns the setting name to value. You may store any value that you want, but certain names can be used to configure the behavior of the server.
Installation of express module:
- You can visit the link to Install express module. You can install this package by using this command.
npm install express
- After installing express module, you can check your express version in command prompt using the command.
npm version express
- After that, you can just create a folder and add a file for example, index.js. To run this file you need to run the following command.
Steps to run the program:
- The project structure will look like this:
- Make sure you have installed express module using the following command:
npm install express
- Run index.js file using below command:
Server listening on PORT 3000
- Now open the browser and go to http://localhost:3000/, you will get the following output:
So this is how you can use the express app.set() function which assigns setting name to value.
- Scaffolding an ExpressJS app from scratch
- Routing Path for ExpressJS
- HandleBars Templating in ExpressJS
- How to get the function name inside a function in PHP ?
- PHP | imagecreatetruecolor() Function
- p5.js | year() function
- D3.js | d3.utcTuesdays() Function
- PHP | ImagickDraw getTextAlignment() Function
- PHP | Ds\Sequence last() Function
- Function to escape regex patterns before applied in PHP
- PHP | array_udiff_uassoc() Function
- PHP | geoip_continent_code_by_name() Function
- D3.js | d3.map.set() Function
- D3.js easePolyOut Function
- PHP | GmagickPixel setcolor() function
- PHP | opendir() Function
- PHP | cal_to_jd() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.