Draw a happy face using Arcade Library in Python
Arcade is a Python module used for developing 2D games. For drawing a happy face, steps are as follows:
- Import arcade library.
- Open the window.
arcade.open_window(SCREEN_WIDTH, SCREEN_HEIGHT, SCREEN_TITLE)
The function used with arcade is open_window. This command opens a window with a given size i.e width and height along with screen title.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning - Basic Level Course
- Specify the values of parameters defined using open_window.
SCREEN_WIDTH = 600 SCREEN_HEIGHT = 600 SCREEN_TITLE = "Happy Face GfG "
- Choose a colour for background screen of your output.
- This command will tell the Arcade library that you start drawing.
- Write a function to draw the circle for the base of the face using the in-built function draw_circle_filled() function.
x = 300 y = 300 radius = 200 arcade.draw_circle_filled(x, y, radius, arcade.color.YELLOW)
- Similarly, write function for drawing the right and left eye of the face using the draw_circle_filled() function.
# Draw the right eye x = 370 y = 350 radius = 20 arcade.draw_circle_filled(x, y, radius, arcade.color.BLACK) # Draw the left eye x = 230 y = 350 radius = 20 arcade.draw_circle_filled(x, y, radius, arcade.color.BLACK)
- For the happy face, smile is the most important part. Use draw_arc_outline() function to draw smile .
# Draw the smile x = 300 y = 280 width = 120 height = 100 start_angle = 190 end_angle = 350 arcade.draw_arc_outline(x, y, width, height, arcade.color.BLACK, start_angle, end_angle, 10)
- This command will tell the arcade library that you are done with drawing.
# Finish drawing arcade.finish_render()
- This command is to keep the window open.
# Keep the window open until the user # hits the 'close' button arcade.run()
Complete Source Code: