Every state is represented by string of length 2. For example DL is used for Delhi, HP for Himachal Pradesh, UP for Uttar Pradesh, PB for Punjab etc.
Given a string str consisting of uppercase English alphabets only, the task is to find the number of distinct state codes that appear in the string as contiguous sub-strings.
Input: str = “UPBRC”
UP, PB, BR and RC are 4 different state codes that appear in string as contiguous sub-strings.
Input: str = “UPUP”
UP and PU are the only state codes that appear in the given string.
Approach: Store every sub-string of length 2 in a set and finally return the size of the set which is the required number of distinct state codes appearing in the given string as sub-strings.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Minimum changes to a string to make all substrings distinct
- Count of distinct substrings of a string using Suffix Trie
- Count of distinct substrings of a string using Suffix Array
- Count number of substrings with exactly k distinct characters
- Count distinct substrings that contain some characters at most k times
- Final state of the string after modification
- Maximum contiguous 1 possible in a binary string after k rotations
- Replace two substrings (of a string) with each other
- Number of substrings of a string
- Program to print all substrings of a given string
- Number of substrings of one string present in other
- Sum of all substrings of a string representing a number | Set 1
- Lexicographical concatenation of all substrings of a string
- Number of even substrings in a string of digits
- Different substrings in a string that start and end with given strings
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.