Given a string str that may contain duplicate characters, the task is to print all the distinct permutations of the given string such that no permutation is repeated in the output.
Input: str = “ABA”
Input: str = “ABC”
Approach: An approach to generate all the permutations of a given string has been discussed in this article. All the permutations generated by this approach can be stored in a HashSet in order to avoid duplicates.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
ABA AAB BAA
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Print all distinct permutations of a given string with duplicates
- Print distinct sorted permutations with duplicates allowed in input
- Java Program to print distinct permutations of a string
- Distinct permutations of the string | Set 2
- Iterative program to generate distinct Permutations of a String
- Print all permutations of a string in Java
- Find distinct characters in distinct substrings of a string
- Find Kth largest string from the permutations of the string with two characters
- Permutations of a given string using STL
- All permutations of a string using iteration
- Print all palindrome permutations of a string
- Time complexity of all permutations of a string
- Remove duplicates from a given string
- Check if a binary string contains all permutations of length k
- Check if given string can be formed by two other strings or their permutations
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.