CSS: CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet, it is a style sheet language used to shape the HTML elements that will be displayed in the browsers as a web-page. By using CSS, the website which has been created by using HTML will look attractive. Basically CSS gives the outer cover on any HTML elements. If you consider HTML as a skeleton of the web-page then the CSS will be the skin of the skeleton. The Internet media type (MIME type) of CSS is text/CSS.
Example: This example describes the use of simple CSS. CSS has been used with HTML inside the style tag.
PHP: PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. PHP is a server-side, scripting language (a script-based program) and is used to develop Web applications. It can be embedded in HTML, and it’s appropriate for the creation of dynamic web pages and database applications. It’s viewed as a benevolent language with capacities to effectively interface with MySQL, Oracle, and different databases. The primary objective of PHP is to allow web developers to create dynamically generated pages rapidly.
Welcome to GFG!
Differences between CSS and PHP :
|1.||CSS represents the style and the appearance of content like font, color, margin, padding, etc.||PHP is used for server-side programming which will interact with databases to retrieve information, storing, email sending, and provides content to HTML pages to display on the screen.|
|2.||It is developed by Hakon Wium Lie, Bert Bos.||It is developed by Rasmus Lerdorf.|
|3.||It is very easy to learn.||PHP is easy to learn but not as much as CSS.|
|4.||It does not provide responsive pages or websites.||It provides responsive pages or website.|
|5.||Its codes are static.||Its codes are dynamic.|
|6.||It is used for front-end development||It is used for server-side development.|
|7.||It can be used in a PHP file.||It can’t be used in a CSS file.|
|8.||It currently working on CSS3 which is the latest version of CSS.||It’s currently working on PHP7.0 which is the latest version of PHP.|
|9.||It works on the look of the website.||It adds dynamic content to websites to make them look good.|
|10.||Extensions of CSS are .CSS, .CSS3.||Extensions of PHP are .php, .php3, .php4, .php7.|
- Differences between HTML <center> Tag and CSS "text-align: center;" Property
- What are the differences and Similarities Between Lumen and Laravel?
- What are the differences between flex-basis and width in Flexbox ?
- How to override the CSS properties of a class using another CSS class ?
- What is the difference between display: inline and display: inline-block in CSS?
- What is the difference between inline-flex and inline-block in CSS?
- What is the difference between CSS and SCSS ?
- Difference between "." and "#" selector in CSS
- Difference between :first-child and :first-of-type selector in CSS
- Difference between revert and unset keyword in CSS
- How to Set the Gap Between Text and Underlining using CSS ?
- Difference Between CSS and Bootstrap
- Difference between HTML and CSS
- Difference between CSS and CSS3
- What is the difference between “word-break: break-all” versus “word-wrap: break-word” in CSS ?
- Space between two rows in a table using CSS?
- How to set vertical space between the list of items using CSS ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.