1. Worms :
Worms is similar to virus but it does not modify the program. It replicate itself more and more to cause slow down the computer system. Worms can be controlled by remote. The main objective of worms to eat the system resources.
2. Ransomware :
Ransomware is a type of malware that is designed to block user access from own system until a ransom fee is paid to ransomware creator. Ransomware is a lot dangerous than a regular malware and spread through phishing emails having infected attachments. Ransomware has emerged over the last few years and can attack individuals or organizations.
Difference between Worms and Ransomware :
|1.||A Worm is a form of malware that replicates itself and can spread to different computers via Network.||Ransomware is a form of malware designed to block access from system until a ransom fee is paid.|
|2.||The main objective of worms to eat the system resources.||The main objective of ransomware is to take money by gaining access.|
|3.||Worms can be detected and removed by the Antivirus and firewall.||Ransomware is more harmful among all the malware as the only way of removal is to pay a ransom to its creator.|
|4.||It can give unauthorized access and control of the system to the hackers.||It provides profit to the ransomware programmers by getting money from user for unlocking the system.|
|5.||It doesn’t need a host to replicate from one computer to another.||It require host is needed for spreading.|
|6.||It is installed for malicious purposes.||It is installed for commercial purposes.|
|7.||It is less harmful as compared.||It is more harmful.|
|8.||Morris Worm, Storm Worm and SQL Slammer are some of the examples of worms.||Crypto, Wanna Cry, Cerber and locker are some of the examples of Ransomwares.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Worms and Virus
- Difference between Worms and Spyware
- Difference between Worms and Trojan Horse
- Difference between Worms and Malware
- Difference between Worms and Adware
- Difference between Scareware and Worms
- Difference between Rootkit and Worms
- Difference between Malware and Ransomware
- Difference between Virus and Ransomware
- Difference between Spyware and Ransomware
- Difference between Trojan Horse and Ransomware
- Difference between Adware and Ransomware
- Difference between Scareware and Ransomware
- Difference between Rootkit and Ransomware
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.