1. VelocityDB :
It is .NET Object Database that can be embedded/distributed and extended to a graph data model (VelocityGraph) Database is fast and low memory consuming. It is an extremely high performance, easy to use, scalable, embeddable, and distributable object database system.
2. XAP :
It is high-performance in-memory data grid for mission-critical applications and provides an essential set of data store features, such as transactions, indexes, and query language (SQL-like queries). It is a file format used to install and distribute application software.
Difference between VelocityDB and XAP :
|It is developed by VelocityDB Inc and initially released on 2011.||It is developed by Gigaspaces Technologies and initially released on 2000.|
|Its server operating systems of VelocityDB is Any that supports .NET||Its server operating systems of XAP Linux, macOS, Solaris, Windows.|
|Its primary database model is Graph DBMS and Object oriented DBMS||Its primary database model is Document store and Key-value store.|
|Absence of Secondary database models in VelocityDB||Secondary database models of XAP is Object oriented DBMS.|
|It supports .Net programming languages.||It supports .Net, C++, Java programming languages.|
|APIs and other access methods of VelocityDB is .Net||It supports GigaSpaces LRMI, Hibernate, JCache, JDBC, JPA, ODBC, RESTful HTTP API, Spring Data.|
|It has Data Schema.||Data Schema of XAP is schema-free.|
|It has Implementation language-C# .||Implementation language of XAP is Java, C++, .Net.|
|It has transaction concepts is ACID (atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability).||XAP has ACID (atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability) concepts transaction concepts.|
|Absence of Replication methods||Replication methods of XAP- Master-master replication and Master-slave replication.|
|It has Immediate Consistency concept.||It has Immediate Consistency concept.|
|Sharding is a Partitioning methods of VelocityDB.||Sharding is a Partitioning methods of XAP.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between Weaviate and XAP
- Difference between XAP and Yanza
- Difference between Valentina Server and XAP
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and XAP
- Difference between XAP and Warp 10
- Difference between Transbase and XAP
- Difference between Trafodion and XAP
- Difference between XAP and WakandaDB
- Difference between XAP and VoltDB
- Difference between XAP and Virtuoso
- Difference between VelocityDB and YugabyteDB
- Difference between VelocityDB and Yanza
- Difference between Valentina Server and VelocityDB
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and VelocityDB
- Difference between VelocityDB and WakandaDB
- Difference between VelocityDB and VoltDB
- Difference between Trafodion and VelocityDB
- Difference between VelocityDB and Weaviate
- Difference between VelocityDB and Warp 10
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.