1. Google Voice :
Google Voice is a telephone service that provides the call forwarding services and voicemail services. It allows users to have a single number and forward it to multiple phones. It was launched by Google in 2009. It is available for web, android and iOS systems. It enables to retain the phone number despite changing the phone device. It uses the contacts across the gmail of the user. It provides many services such as voicemail, free text messaging, call history, call screening, blocking of unwanted calls and voice transcription to text of voicemail messages.
2. Skype :
Skype is a telecommunication application that provides video calls and voice calls between mobile phones. computers and other devices. It requires internet facility for providing any of its services. It is also used for messaging that can contain text, image, audio or video. It allows to connect several people at a time in video conferencing calls. It was launched by Skype Technologies in 2003. It is currently owned by Microsoft Incorporation. It is one of the most used applications for video chatting.
Difference between Google Voice and Skype :
|It is a telephone service that provides call forwarding and voicemail services.||It is a telecommunication services that provides video calls and voice calls.|
|It is owned by Google LLC.||It is owned by Microsoft Incorporation.|
|It was launched in 2009.||It was launched in 2003.|
|It was developed by Google.||It was developed by Skype Technologies.|
|It offers messaging and voice calls but does not offer video calls.||It offers video calls, voice calls and instant messaging.|
|It is majorly used for voice calls.||It is majorly used for video calls.|
|It provides services like voicemail and call forwarding.||It does not provides any such services.|
|It has very less number of users.||It has huge number of users.|
|Number used in Google Voice is the regular number used to make traditional phone calls.||Phone number is not necessary of the user is having Microsoft account.|
|It is the original feature of Google.||It is not the original feature of Microsoft.|
|It does not provide conference calls.||It provides conference calls during video calling.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Google Hangouts and Skype
- Difference between Google Voice and Google Hangouts
- Difference between Google Voice and JustCall
- Difference between Google Voice and Dingtone
- Difference between Google Voice and Google Duo
- Difference between Microsoft Teams and Skype
- Difference between Skype and Facebook Messenger
- Difference between Google Hangouts and Google Duo
- Vishing (Voice Phishing)
- Difference between Google and Microsoft
- Difference between Google Drive and Box
- Difference Between Google Cloud and AWS
- Difference between Google Fi and Ting
- Difference between Google ads and Facebook ads
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Difference between Dropbox and Google Drive
- Difference between Google Drive and iCloud
- Difference between Google Drive and Tresorit
- Difference between Google Drive and TitanFile
- Difference between Google Drive and RapidShare
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.