Forward Engineering is a method of creating or making an application with the help of the given requirements. Forward engineering is also known as Renovation and Reclamation. Forward engineering is required high proficiency skill. It takes more time to construct or develop an application.
Reverse Engineering is also known as backward engineering, is the process of forward engineering in reverse. In this, the information are collected from the given or exist application. It takes less time than forward engineering to develop an application. In reverse engineering the application are broken to extract knowledge or its architecture.
Difference between Forward Engineering and Reverse Engineering:
|S.NO||Forward Engineering||Reverse Engineering|
|1.||In forward engineering, the application are developed with the given requirements.||In reverse engineering or backward engineering, the information are collected from the given application.|
|2.||Forward Engineering is high proficiency skill.||Reverse Engineering or backward engineering is low proficiency skill.|
|3.||Forward Engineering takes more time to develop an application.||While Reverse Engineering or backward engineering takes less time to develop an application.|
|4.||The nature of forward engineering is Prescriptive.||The nature of reverse engineering or backward engineering is Adaptive.|
|5.||In forward engineering, production is started with given requirements.||In reverse engineering, production is started by taking existing product.|
|6.||The example of forward engineering are construction of electronic kit, construction of DC MOTOR etc.||The example of backward engineering are research on Instruments etc.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Software Engineering | Reverse Engineering
- Difference between Software Engineering process and Conventional Engineering Processs
- Penetration Testing and Reverse Engineering
- Abstraction Levels in Reverse Engineering
- Software Engineering | Requirements Engineering Process
- Software Engineering | Introduction to Software Engineering
- Software Engineering | Re-engineering
- Difference between Good Design and Bad Design in Software Engineering
- Difference Between Data Science and Software Engineering
- Difference between Test Scenario and Test Condition in Software Engineering
- Difference between Project Management and Engineering Management
- Software Engineering | Differences between Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing
- Software Engineering | Differences between Coupling and Cohesion
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Agile model and other models
- Software Engineering | Differences between Manual and Automation Testing
- Software Engineering | Differences between defect, bug and failure
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Regression Testing and Re-Testing
- Software Engineering | Role and Responsibilities of a software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Coupling and Cohesion
- Software Engineering | Software Business and Development
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378