1. Firebase :
2. Impala :
Impala is a query engine that runs on Hadoop. It is an open source software and massively parallel processing SQL query engine. It supports in-memory data processing. It is pioneering the use of the Parquet file format, a columnar storage layout that is optimized for large-scale queries typical in data warehouse scenarios. It provides high-performance, low-latency SQL queries and also offers interactive query processing on data stored in Hadoop file formats.
Difference between Firebase and Impala :
|It was developed by Google in 2012.||It is developed by Cloudera in 2013.|
|It is not much secure.||It provides more security than Firebase.|
|It does not support any partitioning method.||It support Sharding partitioning methods for storing different data on different nodes.|
|It is more suitable for small-scale applications.||It is more suitable for large-scale applications.|
|It does not support Map Reduce methods.||It supports Map Reduce methods.|
|It is a commercial database.||It is an open source software.|
|Server operating systems for Firebase are hosted.||Server operating systems for Impala is Linux.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference Between Apache Hive and Apache Impala
- Difference between Impala and Oracle
- Difference between Impala and dBASE
- Difference between Impala and MongoDB
- Difference between Derby and Impala
- Difference between Impala and hBASE
- Difference between Firebase and MongoDB
- Difference between Firebase and Derby
- Difference between Oracle and Firebase
- Difference between Firebase and Cassandra
- Firebase RealTime Database with Operations in Android with Examples
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.